Monday, September 17, 2012

Black Ice

I wrote this on a long car ride during a blizzard. Cars were flipped over in the ditches about every ten yards. It was scary, but I know God was watching over us. Because of our destination, it was an emotional journey for me. And as I saw the wrecked cars pass by through my window, this is what I thought.

I’m driving on an icy road

In the dark, cold night.

Cars upside-down and in ditches

To my left and to my right.

I must drive cautiously and slowly

So I do not pay the price

For not being aware

Of the misleading black ice.

And these other cars,

I have no doubt,

Will be much more careful

After being saved from their spin-out.



This road is my life,

My temptations

-the ice.

Others are not careful

And lose control,

And into the ditches and depression

They roll.

They have to sit there

Until they call

On the One Who can save them

When they fall.

I must focus on the road

And not go too fast,

Because I never know

When I’ll be driving for my last.

12/25/10


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback? Love it like a panda? Want to strangle me with words? TYPE HERE.

Random Posts