Monday, September 22, 2014

The Worst Blog Post Ever

Don't expect much.

Yes, that's what you read. Yes, that is arguably the worst way to start a piece of literature. Yes, I'm feeling rebellious. Who knows. I may even break some other grammar laws. Maybe use a fragment. Or two. Perhaps I'll use some nonstandard English or somethin' just cuz I wanna.

(Okay, that last "sentence" is making me twitch.)
One may ask, "Are you trying to make your readers Mom and Professor Soper uninterested in reading your post?"
Maybe.
I'm just being honest with you. I sort of forgot about my blog post being due for English tomorrow (well- today). Thus, you're getting the product of this sleep-deprived procrastinator. I'm not even going to bother editing out the little comments I make to myself while writing. This is unedited. Raw.


 I totally understand if you would rather go youtube cat videos. In fact, I encourage you.

So I just finished my very rough first draft regarding how martial arts has molded me into who I am today. (It's due Monday too. Yeah, we already established that I suck at time management.) Martial arts has formed me into a person who seeks self-improvement, loves a challenge, knows how to fall, and will do whatever it takes to reach a goal. *Cue "Fanfare for the Common Man"* (Actually, I think I may have just found my thesis statement.)

Whoo hoo. Don't we all.

All of that sounds find and dandy,  but it's really not all rainbows and butterflies. Not when you become fixated with doing your absolute best, and are unable to call something "complete" until you're satisfied. Ah yes, "perfectionist," that's the word. And as Miley Cyrus said sang (Oh lawd I'm quoting Miley Cyrus. This IS bad.) back when she wore the blonde wig and clothes, "Nobody's perfect."

So why the heck do I set myself to false expectations? (Maybe Freud would say I have too strong of a superego...oh look my psychology lessons decided to join us. I'm going off on a tangent. <and there's my math pun.)


It just all goes back to my stupid pride. I'd rather stay up until 3am and deprive myself of sleep than not meet that goal or let people see something of mine before I feel satisfied "enough" with it. That's why I'm not going to edit this post. (well that...and I'm really tired.) You could call this a self-intervention. I know I have a problem. I know I'm not perfect. I know that's not my problem. My problem is- I need to know that I don't need to be "perfect." For once I need to cut myself some slack. (I feel like some moderator between myself and myself.
MeMod:"Now, what do you say to yourself?"
MePerfectionist: "I'm sorry."
MeMod: "And?"
MePerf: "You did pretty good today with what you got done. That was a challenge in of itself."
MeMod: "Good. Now what do you say to yourself?"
MeSleepy: "Thanks. Let's schedule our work better next time. And get some sleep."

Wow. Some people talk to themselves, but a three-way conversation? I need psychological help.)

Okay, I actually had a half-decent idea for this post about the blank page waiting to be filled, but apparently I just decided to go completely downhill. Face first. On broken skis. Into a giant cactus.
I apologize for letting my mind wander without a leash.


. . . 

*Sigh*
I'm really going to regret this.
Well. Here it goes.
*click.*






2 comments:

  1. If Jerry Seinfeld can produce a show for nine years (1989 to 1998) essentially about (in his words) "nothin," then you are entitled to an occasional blog posts doing the same thing. In fact, I find your clever perceptions, expressions, humor and wit just as enjoyable as Jerry’s. JRL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you! And I love that either you looked up from what years the show ran or you knew that off the top of your head. xD

      Delete

Feedback? Love it like a panda? Want to strangle me with words? TYPE HERE.

Random Posts